Blood and its circulation are vital to sustain life. They supply crucial nutrients and oxygen to all the cells and organs in our body. They also remove waste and carbon dioxide. When the heart beats it creates pressure that pushes blood through your arteries and veins. This pressure, if you haven’t guessed, is our blood pressure. Two forces pump the blood through our bodies, the first being created by the heart pumping blood out into the arteries, and the second occurs when the heart rests between beats and blood is drawn back into the muscle. When your blood pressure rises, damage can occur that upsets this system.
If you have hypertension, your heart has to work extra hard to pump blood through the body. And while healthy arteries are made of semi-flexible muscle, the force of high blood pressure will lead to overstretching their walls. This overstretching can lead to tiny tears in blood vessels that leaves tissue that catch things such as cholesterol/plaque, and other blood cells. Low blood pressure or hypotension may cause inadequate blood flow to the heart, brain, and other vital organs. A sudden drop in blood pressure often occurs when someone suddenly rises from a lying down or sitting position. This is called postural hypotension and may cause light-headedness and dizziness.
Here are few home remedies to help you cure blood pressure:
- Have adequate salt: Excess salt is bad, but it is required by your body in moderate quantities. According to the World Health Organization, your daily diet must contain at one teaspoon of added salt that what you derive from natural from fruits and vegetables. A little bit is fine, but too much sodium disrupts the balance of fluid in the body. So cut the salt intake in case of hypertension and take a bit more in case of hypotension.
- Drink some fluids: Coconut water retains its natural benefits in organic and raw form for people suffering from hypertension. In studies, it seemed to particularly affect systolic blood pressure or the force that takes place when the heart pumps blood away from it. Drink at least 2 to 3 liters of water every day. Besides this, include drinks like bael ka sharbat and aam panna in your diet. These will give you the necessary electrolytes required to maintain the fluids in your body. Dehydration is a common cause of low blood pressure. Pomegranate juice is rich in antioxidants called polyphenols and may help you lower your blood pressure.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee: Caffeinated beverages like tea or coffee may help boost your blood pressure temporarily. When your blood pressure dips suddenly, a cup of coffee or tea can get your circulation going.
- Include some Garlic: Garlic is one of those home remedy staples. It is rich in beneficial constituents that address a wide range of ailments, once of which happens to be hypertension.
- Almond Milk: Soak 5 to 6 almonds overnight, peel them in the morning, make a paste and boil them into a drink. Drink this every day to prevent your blood pressure from falling. There is no cholesterol or saturated fat in almond milk. In fact, it is rich in healthy fats like Omega-3 fatty acids.
Consider these few home remedies and you will see good results that benefit your body.