Baldness is one of the most common hair problems faced by men. It is actually a condition, in which a person has no or very less hair on the head. Its technical name is alopecia. The extreme form of baldness is alopecia totalis, in which, man tends to lose overall head hair. In general terms, it is referred as hair loss. It is believed that human loses almost 250 strands while washing them.
For baldness and hair loss in general, a combination of the following causes is seen in aging, hormonal imbalance, injury or burns, scalp infections like ringworm, iron deficiency, insufficient protein content in diet, family history of baldness, and medical conditions or illnesses that cause hair loss.
Here are few tips to prevent baldness:
- Castor Oil. Castor oil is one of the natural cures for baldness and works as a humectant. It has been used for several hair as well as skin problems. All you are required to do is to pour some castor oil in your palm and gently massage on your head. This will help in nourishing your hair and boost hair growth.
- Coconut Oil. Coconut oil contains nourishing fats and alpha-tocopherol that keep the scalp rejuvenated and hydrated. This, in turn, helps to strengthen the hair follicles and stimulate hair growth. Coconut oil is also rich in antioxidants that protect the scalp and the hair fibers from damage
- Aloe Vera Gel. Being an herbal plant, aloe vera is the most effective home remedy. It is used to treat several health problems. Aloe vera gel helps in the growth of hair, naturally. To cure baldness, place some aloe vera gel on the head and massage it gently. The enzymes present in aloe vera will open up the clogged hair follicles. It will also put a stop to hair loss.
- Lemon. Lemon is the most common remedy used for hair problems, like hair fall, dandruff, cradle cap, dry hair, etc. To fight against baldness,lemon juice can be used with various oils. You can add one teaspoon of lemon juice in two tablespoons of olive oil. Applying this oil on the head promotes growth of healthy hair. Lemon juice can also be used with aloe vera gel. Just add lemon juice and aloe vera gel in a proportion of 1:3. Stir it well and apply it on your head. Let it rest for 15 minutes. After a stipulated time, rinse your hair with a mild shampoo. For best results, try this method thrice a week.
- Peppermint Oil. Dilute the essential oil in water and apply on your scalp. This antiallergenic essential oil possesses anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties. It was shown in a study conducted in 2014 that peppermint oil induced the growth of thick and long hair in just a few weeks
- Onion. The sulphur present in onion helps in stimulating the blood circulation. It helps in treating baldness. Simply extract juice from some onions by blending or grating them. Mix a little quantity of honey in it and apply it on the scalp. Onion juice helps in killing harmful bacteria and fungus from the scalp. You can also rub raw onion on the affected areas, two times a day, for 12-15 minutes.